Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ragu Old World Style's New Flavors!

Yesterday I was at the grocery store and picked up two jars of the new Ragu Old World Style sauces in Sweet Tomato Basil and Margherita courtesy of MomCentral. One of the staples we always have in our house is jarred pasta sauce, along with crushed and diced or stewed tomatoes and garlic. I love to make home-made pizza and have found that the pizza sauces (except one brand that I buy from Roche Bros.) are too rich, so use pasta sauce instead.

I used the Margherita sauce on home-made pizza dough and then covered it in Mozzarella cheese and the added some other veggies to help beef up the nutrition. If you're stuck on what to make, the Ragu site also has recipes for the new sauces, including an upside down deep dish pizza which I was originally going to make but forgot to thaw the ground beef. C'est la vie, right?

The sauce was flavorful, and didn't have that weird aftertaste that some jarred sauces can. The best part is that it's got a full serving of vegetables per half-cup of sauce. Lord knows I'm always looking for ways to make H eat more greens! (or reds in this case).

No comments: